THIS PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION About Rose of Sharon
A Little History for you…
Rose of Sharon OFWB Church is located in Martin County in the Bear Grass Community. It was established in 1896 after a series of revival meetings in the old Mizell Schoolhouse. It was first affiliated with the Albemarle Union, later joined the Second Union, and is now in the Central Conference of Original Free Will Baptists. We are a part of the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists.
Rose of Sharon initiated its Sunday School ministry in 1935 under the leadership of Mr. Marvin Cowan and a local Presbyterian minister.
The Woman’s Auxiliary of Rose of Sharon originated in 1935. The organization holds membership in the Central District Woman’s Auxiliary Convention and the FWB Woman’s Auxiliary State Convention.
The Rose of Sharon Laymen’s League is a men’s organization started on June 7th, 1972, and is open to any adult male in the church family. It is an organization whose purpose is to promote fellowship and spritual growth among the men of the church.
The Circle of J.O.Y. is a women’s organization started in October of 2008. The term J.O.Y. stands for Jesus first, Others second, and Yourself last.
The Men’s Fellowship is one of the newer organizations within the church, the Men’s Fellowship was organized in the fall of 2010 and targets the younger men – those busy with work, hobbies, and kids in school.
Startup is one of our newest organizations in the church that ministers to the College level students.
Our newest organization is the Junior Laymen’s League.
2014 – 2015
Building of the new Sanctuary began
Dapibus sollicitudin potenti non lacus fusce quis eget est. Nulla lacinia molestie torquent.